<< Thursday Night Update   |   ARCHIVES   |   Galloween Membership Hits All-Time High >>

Back in the Saddle

Gary's feeling better today -- after they got the steriods on board on Thursday, his bone pain vanished in a few hours. The oncologist related his bone pain to a traffic jam. Once the steriods succesfully reduced the cell numbers in Gary bone marrow, traffic was able to flow once again and the pain disappeared. However, the steroids leave Gary with an indigestion-like feeling and also give him the hiccups. Of course. Double-edged sword.
We're here until Wednesday-ish and we then we may be directly off to Hopkins or we might go home for a while to recover before transplant. We aren't privvy to the plan yet, but we'll pass along the facts as we get them.
Thanks for all the comments from the RDA crew! Gary got to read them today (from the computer at the nurses station). Keep 'em coming -- it helps keep us connected to the outside world!

Posted by: Marcy on Jun 14, 03 | 2:38 pm | Profile

As always let us know what we can do for you. I have slowed down a lot but will do what we can. Drop the kids tomorrow at my Mom's for Kevin's birthday and we will watch them for the afternoon.

Posted by: K. Zarubaiko on Jun 14, 03 | 4:55 pm

Hi Gary -

Lurked and looked yesterday but was at a loss for words. I spent the day today digging a(nother - wife rolling eyes) raspberry patch/trellis in the back yard and my thoughts kept returning to you.

I don't think we ever met (what with me being a Philly guy) but I'm looking forward to changing that once you get all this business taken care of.

You're in my and my wife's thoughts and prayers - hang tough!

Posted by: Pete Chrisbacher on Jun 14, 03 | 10:12 pm

Gary, my thoughts and prayers are with you on this Father's Day. May next Father's day find you enjoying your life with your family! This is going to be one helluva war story <g>. --jk

Posted by: John Keimig on Jun 15, 03 | 8:30 pm

Hello and Happy Father's Day, Gary!
I came across your website several weeks ago while trying to figure out what "blogs" were (="web logs" as it turns out), and have checked in a few times since to see how you were doing. My (nearly 3 year old) son Alexander underwent 2 stem cell transplants and a marrow transplant in Seattle in the last year, and I have been journaling his experience also (www.geocities.com/alexandernevers). As you near this amazing event, I wish you an uneventful time, and that you are home with your family soon after. I'm not sure how helpful I can be (since the reason for transplant was different, and obviously Alexander is a child), but you're welcome to write if you have questions on how we dealt with issues that come up around transplant.

Posted by: Elizabeth on Jun 16, 03 | 12:40 am

Hey Gary...all of us here at RDA are thinking of you. Keep strong and kick its ass! <g>.

Posted by: KyleRDA on Jun 16, 03 | 8:29 am

Gary - thought about you over the weekend. I hope you got to spend some quality time with the kids yesterday. Keep up the positive attitude (your amazing). Time to kick this things ass!

Posted by: Tony Pekala on Jun 16, 03 | 8:39 am

Gary I hope your father's day went well. Mine and my wife's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now and we know you can beat this. Get better and I will save your chair for the RDAFFL draft. <ggg>

Posted by: Wayne R on Jun 16, 03 | 8:49 am

My family's thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Happy Belated Father's Day

Posted by: MSparks on Jun 16, 03 | 9:32 am

Good luck Gary, stay strong and you'll come out of this like a champ.

Posted by: Chris McGuirk - RDA on Jun 16, 03 | 10:23 am

Gary I am a new RDA'er but wanted to let you know I am pulling for you. Please be sure you are in my familiy's prayers. I am thrilled to see the level of fight you have in your posts. Keep the positive focus - I have seen it work before! Happy belated Fathers Day

Posted by: John Teeples on Jun 16, 03 | 10:42 am

Gary - Don't stop thinking about tomorrow <g>. Still laughing about our old girl at the concert last month.

Let me know when you are up for another steak.

Hope you had a great father's day. Stay strong.

Posted by: Angie on Jun 16, 03 | 11:10 am

Gary and Marcy,
Linda and I have been following your journal silently since January. As Marcy's former pastor, I did not want to intrude. But we both want you all to know we are thinking and praying for you. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. You are both an inspiration for us all. We appreciated seeing the pictures on your website. Before this becomes a sermon I will close. But we will be following along. Our best to all!

Posted by: Paul Kanupp on Jun 16, 03 | 9:48 pm

Hi Gary!

I was in Seattle last week too. The rain sucks there too!

Bring back the sunshine when you come hime - inside and outside. We are praying for you!

Posted by: Don Awalt on Jun 17, 03 | 7:34 am

Hi Gary,

My thoughts and prayers have been with you. Everyone in Surety has been thinking of you too and asked me to say Hi and that they are pulling for you.
Stay strong and this thing will be history.
Hi to Marcy and those adorable kids of yours.

Posted by: Maria on Jun 17, 03 | 8:01 am

Hey Gary

Thought about you this weekend while watching the fireworks. I look forward to watching them again from your house next year.

Tell me when you need some blood I am O neg - the universal giver. I have a tank full.

Posted by: Ricahrd on Jul 07, 03 | 8:33 am

Notify me when someone replies to this post?

Powered by pMachine